- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1-1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced with tops
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth or vegetarian broth
- 1 package Morinaga Silken Tofu - Lite Firm
- 3/4 cup enriched soymilk, 1% fat
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. soy sauce or liquid aminos
Prepare spinach and set aside in colander, pressing out moisture.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Saute scallions and celery over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vermouth (or broth) and lower heat to simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Place tofu in food processor and blend until smooth. Add soymilk and blend. Add spinach, yeast, nutmeg, and aminos (or soy sauce). Pulse to mix, but do not puree.
Return to pan and simmer until ready to serve, stirring 5 minutes.