- 1 package Morinaga Silken Tofu - Extra Firm, frozen and defrosted
- 1/2 cup vegetarian chicken broth, boiling
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup Mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lite sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
Tear defrosted tofu into unequal pieces and place in a non-reactive bowl. Combine the marinade ingredients in a small liquid measuring cup and pour over defrosted tofu. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
Drain tofu and return to microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook on full power for 3 minutes, drain thoroughly, pressing gently, and set aside.
Place salad ingredients, except tofu, in a medium bowl and set aside.
Using a wire whisk, mix together the dressing ingredients in a small liquid measuring cup, and set aside.
Toss salad ingredients, top with tofu and cilantro, pour dressing over all and serve immediately.