- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cups finely chopped blanched almonds
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups Morinaga Silken Tofu - Extra Firm
- 8 oz. cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream or vegan sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- fresh fruit for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and margarine. Mix with fork until blended.
Grease an 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle mixture over bottom of pan and press evenly over bottom and partially up sides of pan.
In a food processor, combine tofu, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar and lemon peel. Process until just blended.
Pour filling into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 20 to 25 minutes more, until cake is almost set in center.
Turn off oven. Leave cake in oven, with door open, 20 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Cover cake and chill until set, at least 8 hours or overnight. Serve with fresh fruit topping if desired.