Healthy Thai Stir Fried Noodles & Tofu with Sweet Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sriracha or garlic chili hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. oil, divided
- 1 package Mori-Nu extra firm silken tofu, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. rice noodles, soaked in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Combine the first five ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a wok with 1 tbsp. oil over high heat until very hot.
- Add tofu and garlic, stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes and place onto a plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the wok. Add noodles and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until brown and soft.
- Place on plate with tofu.
- Add onions and carrots to the wok. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and tofu back to wok along with sauce.
- Stir fry to fully combine.
- Move ingredients to one side of the wok.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil and eggs.
- Stir fry for 1 minute then combine with the other ingredients.
- Turn off the heat and serve with green onion and extra sriracha, if desired.
By Mimi Clark, Veggie Gourmet