- 1 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 2 1/2 cups soymilk
- 1 1/3 cups Sucanat
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples, pared
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Sucanat
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 package Morinaga Silken Tofu - Lite Firm
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for garnish
Bring 3 quarts of boiling water to a boil with 1 tablespoon olive spoon of oil and salt. Cook orzo al dente according to package directions.
Place soymilk in medium saucepan and add drained orzo. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 1/3 cups Sucanat, stirring to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium bowl, pare and chop apples, drizzle with lemon juice. Toss with 2 tablespoons Sucanat. Set aside.
Place tofu and vanilla in food processor and blend until smooth. Add to orzo mixture, mixing thoroughly and fold in sweetened apples.
Pour mixture into ovnproof casserole and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until pudding is firm and lightly browned.
- Nutritional values using 2 tablespoons of agave nectar.
- Has 4g of fiber